United by the Holy Spirit, Trinity Lutheran Church and School joyfully proclaims the Gospel of Jesus Christ and Serves all people with Christian Love.
Statement of Mission from the Church Constitution
It is the will of our Lord Jesus Christ that His disciples should preach the Gospel to the whole world (Mark 16:16, Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8). That Christ’s mission for His church might be carried out according to His will, He has commanded that Christians unite in worship (Hebrews 10:24-25), practice fellowship with one another (Acts 1:8, Matthew 28:18-20), and serve the needs of all people in Christian love (Ephesians 4:7-16, Mark 10:42-44, John 13:35, Galatians 6:10). Christians are also to administer the Office of the Keys as His church (John 20:21-23, Matthew 18:15-20), and to maintain decency and order (I Cor. 14:40) in the church. Therefore we, a number of Lutheran Christians living in and near Darmstadt, accept and subscribe to the following Constitution and By-Laws, in accordance with which all spiritual and material affairs of our congregation shall be governed.
We the members of the Body of Christ here at Trinity Darmstadt, responding to God’s Love, dedicate ourselves and our congregation to THE CONTINUAL GROWTH OF THE BODY OF CHRIST by unceasing efforts in: EDUCATION, WORSHIP, OUTREACH, AND SPIRITUAL CARE.
Witness – Mercy – Life Together – Trinity Darmstadt
Mission Target #1
Trinity Lutheran Darmstadt serves families with young children and equips parents to bring their children to Jesus, because . . .
The LORD desires little children to come into his kingdom through the nurture and guidance of their parents.
Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matthew 19:13-14)
These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)
We will serve and help parents balance work, family, and spiritual life by:
- Opening a new Preschool/Daycare;
- Sponsoring regular children’s activities at church;
- Providing practical training for parents – Parenting, Marriage & Family, and Financial Classes;
- Using our campus as a community recreation center which is family friendly;
- Starting Support Groups for Moms and Dads;
- And teaching parents the Christian faith through the Adult Information Class.
Mission Target #2
Trinity Lutheran Darmstadt reaches out to those who are working towards retirement (age 50-65, the largest demographic group in our community) by providing new opportunities for fellowship and ministry, because . . .
The Lord desires those who are weary from secular work and the burdens of the world to receive rest in him, find relief in the fellowship of the body of Christ, and enjoy meaningful service together.
[Jesus said] “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)
We will help the weary cast off their burdens and take up the easy yoke of Christ by:
- Beginning Interest Groups which enjoy relaxing hobbies, recreation, and fellowship;
- Providing health and wellness classes and opportunities;
- Partnering with existing agencies to help serve the needs in the community such as adopting a school, park, or 4-H center organization;
- And teaching those who seek relief from work about the LORD’s work for them and his promised eternal rest through the Adult Information Class.