Adult Bible Study and Sunday School – 11am
- How Christianity Changed the World (Pastor Temme)
- Book of Ezra (Alan Letterman)
Video of Sunday School Opening and Bible Class – May 10
Video of Sunday School Opening and Bible Class – May 24
Bible Class Notes – May 31
Sunday School Opening – The Conversion of Saul
Who was Saul and what was he doing?
Saul was an enemy of God who was persecuting the Church by taking Christians prisoner.
How far had Christianity spread?
Already to Damascus, 200 miles away.
Who met Saul on the road to Damascus?
The Lord Jesus Christ in a flashing light from heaven.
How was Saul persecuting Jesus?
By persecuting Christ’s body the Church. Poke the body and the head feels it.
What happened to Saul’s eyesight?
He was unable to see for three days.
How did God work in a supernatural way and through natural means to convert Saul?
The Lord sent a vision to Saul, and he sent Ananias to speak to him.
What was God’s purpose for Saul?
To be God’s instrument to carry his name to the Jews and Gentiles and to suffer for his name.
The Lord heals Saul’s physical blindness, but what else does he heal and how?
God heals his spiritual blindness through baptism and bestowal of the Holy Spirit.
How does God heal us of our spiritual blindness and convert us from being enemies of God?
By Holy Baptism, the Holy Spirit creates faith in Christ and washes away our sins.
What did Saul immediately begin doing?
He preached that Jesus is the Son of God, the Christ, and the Savior of the world.
How was Saul now persecuted for being a Christian and preaching Christ?
The Jews in both Damascus and Jerusalem sought to kill him, but the Christians protected him.
Where had the Church spread as a result of the persecution?
Judea, Galilee, Samaria, Syria
Thursday Morning Class
- Ladies Bible Study 9:30am Thusday, September through May
Food and fellowship beginning at 9am (Cleoramae Stunkel)
Saturday Morning Class
- LLL Men’s Breakfast and Bible study at 8:30am the first Saturday of the month, September through May
- Youth Confirmation Instruction at 6:30 pm each Thursday September through April
- Pre-Confirmation with Bible instruction at 4pm each Thursday September through April
- Adult Information Class offered upon request at convenience of the students